This Phantom is a member of 172. squadron, 7. Main Jet Base Erhac – Malatya – Turkey.
Hasegawa kit, 1/48 scale, box number 07208, total 134 parts.
Generally building is very enjoyable with addition of some detail set. I am sure i am going to built another one in the future.
Nice and sharp engraved panel lines but almost there is no rivet detail. Normally F-4 have lot of rivet detail on fuselage and over wings. It must be corrected.
There is no fitting problem especially canopy fits perfect.
Air intake inside detail is insufficient also exhaust. Cockpit detail is normal as standart Hasegawa 1/48 cockpit. It will be much better with detail set. Seat detail is poor. Pilots are nice detailed. Kits AIM-9J missiles are not correct shape. Landing gear bays are empty.
Corrections and additions:
- Rivet detail was added to all necessary area
- Flaperons were extended but right wings one is not correct. I learned after building that there is no up movement of flaperon. Movement should be on between neutral and down position. Note: Instead of up movement of the flaperon, F-4 uses speedbrake on over the wings for that.
- Exhaust nozzles are AIRES – 4118 box number.
- Cockpit is AIRES – 4126 box number. Instrument panel colorless photoetch from same box. It painted with Vallejo acrylics.
- Pilots are Aerobonus by AIRES – “F-4B/N/J/S US Navy pilot and operator with ejection seats”.
- Head of pilots from Hasegawa kits itself.
- Landing gear bays are AIRES.
- Placards are EDUARD.
- Air scoops are QUICKBOOST.
- Pitot tube is MASTER MODEL.
- Weighted wheels are ROYAL RESIN.
- Weapons are from Hasegawa Aircraft Weapons: C set
- Decals are HI-DECAL LINE.
- Paint are all acrylics from Vallejo.
- Antennas are sctratch build according to Turkis Air Force F-4 type.