Here some steps of Hobbyboss F-84F building:
Discard the kit box to make more place on the table.
Started with cockpit parts with addition of PJ Production resin pilot.
Headrest assembly is created from evergreen plastic parts to make more realistic according to reference.
Also headpad was different. Big one is kits headpad. I created new one on the right. Totally different.
Canopy breaker was also made from evergreen plastic to make more thin.
Last additions. Parachute from miliput, some cable work from stretched black sprue.
Final look. Note the canopy breaker is very thin and realistic.
Instrument panel. Kit has two options for that. One is kits intrument panel.You will make detail with painting.The other is using decal for gauges. I use both of them. First i sanded instrument panel as much as possible from behind to make as thin as photoetch. Later on i will put decal paper behind of instrument panel. Check the orijinal one on the left.
And one of the most important thing. Dry fit.
This two parts is holding the canopy open position.
But i will make the canopy closed. Thatswhy parts are divided two.
Lower parts placed to proper place to fuselage. Just below the closed canopy.
Upper parts to the canopy. (Picture was taken after paintig.)
Kit gives nice side panels for cockpit.
Ready for cockpit painting.
For base i use vallejo grey primer and white for pilot helmet.
And a nice layer of Tamiya X-22 clear acrylic. I didnt glue the resin pilot. Painting is much easier like that. I will glue after painting because joining point is invisible after canopy closed.
Detail painting was made with vallejo acrylics for all cockpit and pilot. Decal paper was placed behind of panel for gauges mentioned previous steps.
Kit surfaces are granular and detail lines are weak. All parts were sanded and detail lines were rescribed.
After sanding i found some mold mistakes rear part of fuselage.
Mr Surfacer 1200 was used to fill mold mistakes and than sanded.
After i glued the fuselage some more detail was added to glareshield.
Painted and dry-brushed just before attaching the canopy.
Canopy glued with Tamiya Extra Thin. After dried CA glue was used to fill some gaps. Dont let CA glue come in the canopy to prevent fogging. Thatswhy first step Tamiya extra thin. It makes a seal layer to safe canopy inside from CA glue.
Deleted canopy detail was resicribed and canopy was polished with nail polisher.
Landing gears were detailed with various lead wire and stretched sprue.
Pylons has sway braces but details inadequate. I added sway braces from the Trumpeter F-100 kit. Proper place was opened with help of metal file.
And fuselage is ready for painting. (Photo-etch speedbreak are kits parts).
Painting phase: First step is base painting with Vallejo Grey Primer 74601. After dry Vallejo Alluminium 71062 applied to all fuselage and parts. Tamiya X-22 gloss applied over alluminium. Let them to dry at least one day. Then i masked some panel to paint different metal color like Vallejo Silver – Steel and little mix of brown and grey tones. Finally salt weathering techniques with Tamiya Smoke all over the fuselage. As a thinner i used only water.
Very light pre-shading airbrushed random some area with darker tone of same metal color. All panel lines was bring out one by one with 2B pencil. Another coat of Tamiya X-22. And one day drying time.
Final steps: National decals were from my spare decal box from previous models. Stencils were used from “Icarus Decals F/RF-84F Stencil Data” no:48021. After decal all parts sealed with Microscale Micro Flat.