After more than 2 months with almost everyday working, E-2CHawkeye building is completed.
All detail review and building steps about the E-2C is published at IN PROGRESS section.
This F-8E is 1/72 scale, Academy kit, box number 12434. Fully engraved panel line and rivets details. Details are clear and clean. Almost no fitting problem. Details in the landing gear bays are standart 1/72 scale detail but cockpit relatively better. Clear parts are enough clear, detailed and fitting good. Box gives MK-82 SNAKEYE bombs for alternative loading but they are not realistic. AIM-9 and Zuni rockets tubes are standart 1/72 scale.
There is no detail set used for this model. All improvements are scratch build
- Nose gear strut extended nose up due to typical F-8’s aft center of gravity. Original one was totaly compressed.
- All flaperon and slats are seperated to make down position.
- Stretched sprue was use for switches inside of cockpit and some styrene sheets for panel base. Seat was detailed same way and belts made by using masking tape.
- Landing gear bays are detailed with various wire and cables.
- Some panels are opened over fuselage and detailed especially gun area.For detailing i used styrene sheets and sprue as always.
- FOD Cover made by using styrene sheet to hide inside of the intake.
Vallejo Acrylics used for painting. Diluting with normal water. Matte and Gloss varnishes are Microscale Acrylics. Decals are kits decal, good quality.