Trumpeter 1/48 scale, box number 02822, F-100D Thunderbirds kit is converted to Turkish Air Force F-100D Super Sabre.
Kit has totally engraved panel lines and rivets but they are very weak. Fortunately kits plastic is soft so i re-scribed and re-rivet all detail easily.
Movable surfaces like rudder, flaps/slats can be build active position. I prefer closed slats instead of open because lack of detail.
Landing gear struts was detailed with some wire and streched sprue.
No canopy detail coming with kit. I added some Evergreen plastic .
Landing gear bay doors re-builded to make more accurate. I used some part of kit, Evergreen plastic and sprue.
Pilots body and head are from another kit. Arms are spare resin arms, parachute is shaped epoxy putty. Seat is resin.
- Resin cockpit (Aires)
- Colorless photoetch instrument panel (Aires)
- Seat (Aires)
- Wheel bays (Aires)
- Exhaust nozzle (Aires)
- Wheels (Aires)
- Resin nose
- Metal pitot tube
- Stencils (Cam Pro Series F-100D)
- Decals (Microscale Super Sabre of Turkish Air Force)
- Bombs (Hasegawa Weapon Sets)
- Paints (Vallejo Acrylics)
- Reference Sources: F-100 SUPER SABRE IN TURKISH AIR FORCE by LEVENT BASARA